Yellow Tie to invest $20 million in chef Harpal Sokhi’s restaurant ventures
Yellow Tie Hospitality’s Karan Tanna says says his firm will manage expansion and growth of the restaurants while Harpal Sokhi will curate the menu and concept
- Grofers aims $1 billion run rate during upcoming grocery sale
- Reliance Retail Q3 revenue crosses ₹35,000 crore mark on new stores, higher margins
- Apple’s Tim Cook calls for privacy bill with right to delete data
- HUL realigning water purifier portfolio for higher margins
- IBC Section 29A needs more clarity, says SBI’s Rajnish Kumar
Mumbai: Yellow Tie Hospitality Management Llp, a food and beverages franchise management firm, plans to invest up to $15-20 million in five restaurant ventures of Indian celebrity chef Harpal Singh Sokhi’s chain Funjabi Tadka. The money will be used to relaunch some of the existing chains such as Twist of Tadka, a North Indian/Punjabi quick service restaurant, operational in Bengaluru and Amritsar, in January.
The firm will also launch new restaurants like Haathapie, a trendy ‘Punjabi’ fast-casual dining bar, BB Jaan which will offer authentic Hyderabadi Nizami cuisine; Chika Chika for desi Chinese and Dhadoom, which will serve Canadian Poutine, a dish originating in the Canadian province of Québec, made with French fries and cheese curds topped with a light brown gravy.
Yellow Tie Hospitality will manage expansion and growth of the chain, while Sokhi will curate the menu and concept, said Karan Tanna, founder and chief executive officer of Yellow Tie Hospitality, adding that by FY20, the five brands will have more than 250 outlets under them.
Editor's Picks »
- A glimpse into history of Indian cinema through national museum
- Opinion | The 10% solution will not solve the job crisis in the country
- BJP reaches out to allies in North-East to allay their fears on citizenship bill
- Opinion | Calls for a second Brexit vote deserve consideration
- Opinion | Why India’s sedition law needs to be buried
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies
- 1 step forward, 2 steps back. Is GST going the VAT way?
- Mindtree delivers stable Q3 results after a shock Q2
- RIL Q3 results today: Will Reliance Jio, Reliance Retail make up for lost energy?
- Why Tata Motors’ Project Charge at JLR is failing to recharge its shares