Jindal Steel Q3 loss narrows to Rs 276 crore
Jindal Steel total income increased to Rs6,993.60 crore during the third quarter as against Rs 5,787.75 crore in the same period previous fiscal
New Delhi: Jindal Steel and Power on Thursday said its consolidated net loss narrowed by 39% to Rs276.99 crore in the third quarter ended 31 December. The Naveen Jindal-led firm had posted a net loss of Rs455.05 crore in the corresponding quarter last fiscal.
Its total income increased to Rs6,993.60 crore during the quarter under review as against Rs 5,787.75 crore in the same period previous fiscal, the company said in a BSE filing.
The firm’s total expenses were at Rs7,316.26 crore as against Rs6,373.39 crore a year ago. Part of the $18 billion OP Jindal Group, JSPL is an industrial powerhouse with a dominant presence in steel, power, mining and infrastructure sectors.
Shares of the company today ended 1.25% higher at Rs280.10 per unit on BSE.
Editor's Picks »
- Chief technology officers of Reliance Jio, Bharti Airtel quit
- IIT-Bombay generates ₹17.99 crore revenue in 2017-18, highest among IITs
- EPFO payroll data shows 4.4 million jobs created in 9 months till May
- Dubai recipe for economic success looks stale as markets slump
- CWC meet: Rahul Gandhi says BJP attacks institutions, Dalits, and poor
- What ABB India’s performance in June quarter says about capex growth
- Bajaj Finance does well in Q1 even as competition hots up
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: The perils of being priced to perfection
- Higher cane price crushes hopes of sugar mills
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself