Jindal Steel Q3 loss narrows to Rs 276 crore
Jindal Steel total income increased to Rs6,993.60 crore during the third quarter as against Rs 5,787.75 crore in the same period previous fiscal
New Delhi: Jindal Steel and Power on Thursday said its consolidated net loss narrowed by 39% to Rs276.99 crore in the third quarter ended 31 December. The Naveen Jindal-led firm had posted a net loss of Rs455.05 crore in the corresponding quarter last fiscal.
Its total income increased to Rs6,993.60 crore during the quarter under review as against Rs 5,787.75 crore in the same period previous fiscal, the company said in a BSE filing.
The firm’s total expenses were at Rs7,316.26 crore as against Rs6,373.39 crore a year ago. Part of the $18 billion OP Jindal Group, JSPL is an industrial powerhouse with a dominant presence in steel, power, mining and infrastructure sectors.
Shares of the company today ended 1.25% higher at Rs280.10 per unit on BSE.
- Jet Airways to make part payment of September salary to senior staffers on October 25
- Q2 results: HDFC Bank net profit rises 20.6% to Rs 5006 crore
- Govt, board eye asset sales to turn IL&FS around in six months
- Jet Airways sets jet sale, leaseback plan in motion to raise $800 mn
- Lenders accept ArcelorMittal resolution plan for Essar Steel
Editor's Picks »
- NBFC liquidity crisis set to worsen real estate sector woes
- RBI pause on interest rate hike may last only till December
- Policy rethink and higher volumes to aid container shippers
- DCB Bank delivers a strong Q2 but pressure on margins foreseen
- Havells India: Rising costs give a jolt to profitability in September quarter