Jindal Steel Q3 loss narrows to Rs 276 crore
New Delhi: Jindal Steel and Power on Thursday said its consolidated net loss narrowed by 39% to Rs276.99 crore in the third quarter ended 31 December. The Naveen Jindal-led firm had posted a net loss of Rs455.05 crore in the corresponding quarter last fiscal.
Its total income increased to Rs6,993.60 crore during the quarter under review as against Rs 5,787.75 crore in the same period previous fiscal, the company said in a BSE filing.
The firm’s total expenses were at Rs7,316.26 crore as against Rs6,373.39 crore a year ago. Part of the $18 billion OP Jindal Group, JSPL is an industrial powerhouse with a dominant presence in steel, power, mining and infrastructure sectors.
Shares of the company today ended 1.25% higher at Rs280.10 per unit on BSE.
- West Bengal panchayat elections: Opposition fears more violence over poll nomination
- Karnataka elections: Can Siddaramaiah win back his old bastion?
- Fuel marketers may have to continue paying higher debit card fees
- 14 Naxals killed in Gadchiroli encounter in Maharashtra
- BJP gears up for solo fight in Maharashtra polls, but alliance talks on with Shiv Sena