Zydus Cadila gets final nod from USFDA for anti-bacterial drug
Zydus Cadila has received the final approval from the USFDA to market Doxycycline Hyclate Capsules USP, 50 mg and 100 mg
New Delhi: Zydus Cadila has received the final approval from the USFDA to market Doxycycline Hyclate capsules USP, antibiotic used for treating bacterial infections, Cadila Healthcare said on Saturday.
“Zydus Cadila has received the final approval from the USFDA to market Doxycycline Hyclate Capsules USP, 50 mg and 100 mg,” the company said in a regulatory filing. It is a tetracycline antibiotic used for the treatment of a wide variety of bacterial infections, including those that cause acne.
“This medication is also used for prophylaxis of malaria,” the filing said. The capsules will be manufactured at the group’s manufacturing facility at SEZ, Ahmedabad. The group has more than 195 approvals so far.
Zydus Cadila is a global pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets a broad range of healthcare therapies. The group employs over 21,000 people worldwide.
Editor's Picks »
- Firms must engineer a culture that supports their mission: Bain’s Patrick Litre
- India lost one-third of coastline to soil erosion in 1990-2016: report
- SEC subpoenas Tesla over CEO Elon Musk’s tweets
- News in numbers: World will be warmer by 0.01 degree Celsius between 2018 and 2022, says study
- Opinion | Positives of the UN treaty on biz and human rights