Lupin launches generic antibiotic inhalation solution in US
Lupin ’s Tobramycin Inhalation Solution USP, 300 mg/5 ml, is the generic version of Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation’s Tobi 300 mg/5 ml
New Delhi:Drug firm Lupin on Wednesday said it has launched its antibiotic Tobramycin inhalation solution in the US market.
The company has launched the product as it has received an approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) earlier, Lupin said in a filing to BSE.
The company’s Tobramycin Inhalation Solution USP, 300 mg/5 ml, is the generic version of Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation’s Tobi 300 mg/5 ml, it added.
The product is indicated for the management of cystic fibrosis patients with P aeruginosa, Lupin said. As per IQVIA MAT April 2018 data, Tobramycin inhalation solution USP, 300 mg/5 ml, had annual sales of nearly $99 million in the American market, it added.
Shares of Lupin on Wednesday closed at Rs869.60 per scrip on BSE, up 1.79% from its previous close.
Editor's Picks »
- Apollo Tyres’ Onkar, Neeraj Kanwar agree to 30% salary cut
- True North to buy 75% of Shree Digvijay Cement from Brazil’s Votorantim Cimentos
- Logistics firm FarEye buys Dipper Technologies
- Game of Thrones Season 8 to start in April, trailer released
- Citi making way for Amazon’s New York HQ2 by moving workers