Lupin launches generic antibiotic inhalation solution in US
Lupin ’s Tobramycin Inhalation Solution USP, 300 mg/5 ml, is the generic version of Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation’s Tobi 300 mg/5 ml
New Delhi:Drug firm Lupin on Wednesday said it has launched its antibiotic Tobramycin inhalation solution in the US market.
The company has launched the product as it has received an approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) earlier, Lupin said in a filing to BSE.
The company’s Tobramycin Inhalation Solution USP, 300 mg/5 ml, is the generic version of Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation’s Tobi 300 mg/5 ml, it added.
The product is indicated for the management of cystic fibrosis patients with P aeruginosa, Lupin said. As per IQVIA MAT April 2018 data, Tobramycin inhalation solution USP, 300 mg/5 ml, had annual sales of nearly $99 million in the American market, it added.
Shares of Lupin on Wednesday closed at Rs869.60 per scrip on BSE, up 1.79% from its previous close.
Editor's Picks »
- FATF ‘grey list’: Pak scrambling to put in place measures to comply with anti-terror funding rules
- BSE to launch new platform to list startups next month
- Fresh-out-on-bail jeweller vows to revive Atlas Jewellery amid share surge
- Gold prices rise today on jewellers’ buying, silver rate falls
- CPM plans nationwide campaign to press for electoral reforms