Tata Sons names ex-foreign secretary S. Jaishankar as global corporate affairs head
S. Jaishankar will report to Tata Sons chairman N. Chandrasekaran, and will be responsible for the Tata group’s global corporate affairs and international strategy development
New Delhi: Mumbai-based Tata Sons Ltd on Monday said that it has appointed India’s former foreign secretary S. Jaishankar as the Tata group’s president of global corporate affairs.
Jaishankar will report to N. Chandrasekaran, executive chairman, Tata Sons.
Jaishankar, who served as India’s foreign secretary between January 2015 and January 2018, also served in countries such Singapore, China and the US.
“In his new role he will be responsible for the Tata group’s global corporate affairs and international strategy development and Tata Sons’ international offices will report to him. Dr Jaishankar will work with Tata companies to help them strengthen their business presence and positioning in their respective geographies globally,” Tata Sons said in a statement.
- India’s rising steel demand is making companies starry-eyed
- ACC’s operating margins feel the stress as cost pressures grow
- Federal Bank rides out Kerala floods but growth metrics need to sustain
- RIL’s consumer businesses deliver on growth; investments stay high
- Hero MotoCorp Q2: Costs apply brakes on profit growth