Tata Sons names ex-foreign secretary S. Jaishankar as global corporate affairs head
S. Jaishankar will report to Tata Sons chairman N. Chandrasekaran, and will be responsible for the Tata group’s global corporate affairs and international strategy development
New Delhi: Mumbai-based Tata Sons Ltd on Monday said that it has appointed India’s former foreign secretary S. Jaishankar as the Tata group’s president of global corporate affairs.
Jaishankar will report to N. Chandrasekaran, executive chairman, Tata Sons.
Jaishankar, who served as India’s foreign secretary between January 2015 and January 2018, also served in countries such Singapore, China and the US.
“In his new role he will be responsible for the Tata group’s global corporate affairs and international strategy development and Tata Sons’ international offices will report to him. Dr Jaishankar will work with Tata companies to help them strengthen their business presence and positioning in their respective geographies globally,” Tata Sons said in a statement.
- India considering report of asbestos in J&J baby powder
- Samana to raise Rs 4,000 crore to invest in startups, listed stocks
- DHFL to exit mutual fund business DHFL Pramerica
- Reliance, Saudi Arabia in talks for oil refinery, petrochemical project: Saudi oil minister
- J&J announces share buyback after baby powder fiasco
Editor's Picks »
- First AC local train in north India to hit tracks in 2019: Railways
- Investors gloomiest in a decade about world economy: BAML survey
- Assam government approves Rs 600 crore farm loan waiver
- Donald Trump pressures Fed ahead of meeting, warns against ‘another mistake’
- Huawei calls on US, others to show proof of security risk