Tata Sons names ex-foreign secretary S. Jaishankar as global corporate affairs head
S. Jaishankar will report to Tata Sons chairman N. Chandrasekaran, and will be responsible for the Tata group’s global corporate affairs and international strategy development
New Delhi: Mumbai-based Tata Sons Ltd on Monday said that it has appointed India’s former foreign secretary S. Jaishankar as the Tata group’s president of global corporate affairs.
Jaishankar will report to N. Chandrasekaran, executive chairman, Tata Sons.
Jaishankar, who served as India’s foreign secretary between January 2015 and January 2018, also served in countries such Singapore, China and the US.
“In his new role he will be responsible for the Tata group’s global corporate affairs and international strategy development and Tata Sons’ international offices will report to him. Dr Jaishankar will work with Tata companies to help them strengthen their business presence and positioning in their respective geographies globally,” Tata Sons said in a statement.
Editor's Picks »
- Group exercise sessions at The Hive help members stick to their fitness goals
- Indian companies may find loans abroad costlier as easy money ends
- A stylish workwear wardrobe must have solid colours, statement jewellery and a basic tan suit
- Floods bring to fore staff shortage at disaster management agencies
- Centre, states differ over who will foot bill for MSME tax break