Reliance Infra Q2 profit falls 4.6% to Rs544 crore
Reliance Infra’s total income from operations rises to Rs7,734.91 crore in the September quarter from Rs7,476.16 crore in the year-ago period
New Delhi: Reliance Infrastructure Ltd (RInfra) on Saturday reported a 4.6% decline in consolidated net profit to Rs543.81 crore for the quarter ended 30 September.
The company had posted a consolidated net profit of Rs570.5 crore in the corresponding quarter of previous fiscal, Reliance Infrastructure said in a BSE filing. However, total income from operations of the Anil Ambani-led infrastructure major rose to Rs7,734.91 crore in the quarter under review, from Rs7,476.16 crore in the year-ago period.
The total expenses during the quarter also increased to Rs7,549.95 crore from Rs6,906.87 crore in the same period a year ago. RInfra is into developing projects through various special purpose vehicles (SPVs) in several high growth sectors such as power, roads and metro rail in the infrastructure space and the defence sector.
Reliance Group companies have sued HT Media Ltd, Mint’s publisher, and nine others in the Bombay high court over a 2 October 2014 front-page story that they have disputed. HT Media is contesting the case.
- Moody’s doesn’t see any change in India rating in near future: William Foster
- Chanda Kochhar and ICICI Bank: A bitter parting?
- Vishal Sikka named in trade-secret theft lawsuit against SAP
- Hero MotoCorp rides on rural sales to grow share in April-May
- Zomato in talks to raise $400 million at $2 billion valuation