Cipla shares surge over 5% after Q1 earnings
New Delhi: Shares of drug major Cipla on Monday rose over 5% after the company reported 23.63% rise in consolidated net profit for the first quarter ended 30 June.
After opening the trade on a positive note, the stock closed higher by 5% at Rs570 on BSE. At NSE, shares of the company jumped 5.19% to Rs569.50.
Cipla on Friday reported a 23.63% rise in consolidated net profit to Rs424.92 crore for the first quarter ended 30 June. The company had posted a net profit of Rs343.70 crore for the corresponding period of the previous fiscal, Cipla said in a BSE filing.
Consolidated total income from operations stood at Rs3,525.05 crore for the quarter under consideration as against Rs3,650.03 crore for the same period a year ago.
- France shooting: Islamic State claims responsibility, provides no evidence
- EU plans tougher consumer laws for Facebook, Gmail
- India issues notice to Cambridge Analytica in Facebook data breach case
- Russia eyes restrictions on US imports in response to tariffs
- US shouldn’t shut the door on Chinese students