Alembic Pharma posts Q4 profit of Rs93.79 crore
Alembic Pharma’s consolidated revenue from operations stood at Rs853.31 crore for the fourth quarter. It was Rs741.35 crore for the same period year ago
New Delhi: Drug firm Alembic Pharmaceuticals on Wednesday reported a consolidated net profit of Rs93.79 crore for the quarter ended 31 March, 2018.
The company had posted a net profit after taxes, non-controlling interests and share of profit/(loss) of associates and joint ventures of Rs93.04 crore for the corresponding period of the previous fiscal, Alembic Pharmaceuticals said in a filing to BSE.
Consolidated revenue from operations of the company stood at Rs853.31 crore for the quarter under consideration. It was Rs741.35 crore for the same period year ago.
For the fiscal year ended March this year, the company posted a net profit of Rs412.63 crore as against Rs403.16 crore for the year ago period. Consolidated revenue from operations stood at Rs3,130.81 crore for the fiscal year 2018. It was Rs3,134.61 crore for the previous fiscal period.
The US generic business grew by 45% during the quarter despite a challenging and dynamic business environment, Alembic Pharmaceuticals MD Pranav Amin said.
The company said its board has recommended a dividend of Rs4 per equity share having face value of Rs2 each.
Shares of Alembic Pharmaceuticals closed at Rs479.25 per scrip in the on BSE, down 0.06% from its previous close.
- GAIL seeks to invest in start-ups solar power plants
- Jet Airways likely to sub-lease 7 ATR planes to TruJet
- Malaysia’s Axiata relinquishes major rights in Idea ahead of Vodafone merger
- BPCL Mumbai unit to remain shut for at least 2 months after fire
- Supertech to invest ₹800 crore this fiscal on various projects to deliver 10,000 flats
Editor's Picks »
- Debt funds vs bank fixed deposits (FDs): What you need to know
- Rise in extreme weather events in India raises concerns over climate change impact
- US, China set to resume talks to resolve stand-off over trade
- NAA plans to knock on factory gates to enforce GST rate cuts
- Paintbrush meets pixel at India’s first Artificial Intelligence art show