Aurobindo Pharma Q3 profit up about 3%, misses estimates
Aurobindo Pharma , India’s third largest drugmaker, reports about 3% rise in profit at Rs595 crore ($92.6 million) in the third quarter ended 31 December
Bengaluru: Aurobindo Pharma Ltd, India’s third largest drugmaker by revenue, posted an about 3% rise in quarterly profit on Wednesday, but missed analysts’ estimates.
Profit was Rs595 crore ($92.6 million) in the third quarter ended 31 December, compared with 5.79 billion rupees a year earlier, the Hyderabad-headquartered drugmaker said.
Analysts on average had expected a profit of Rs671 crore, Thomson Reuters data showed.
Total revenue from operations rose 11% to Rs4,336 crore.
The Aurobindo Pharma shares closed 3.44% up at Rs616.75 on BSE.
Editor's Picks »
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars