Mahindra tractor sales up 22% at 16,516 units in August
Mahindra and Mahindra had sold 13,543 units in August last year, while domestic sales were at 15,246 units as against 12,327 units in the year-ago month, up 23.67%
New Delhi: Home-grown auto major Mahindra and Mahindra on Friday reported 21.95% increase in total tractor sales at 16,516 units in August this year.
The company had sold 13,543 units in the same month last year, Mahindra and Mahindra said in a statement.
Domestic sales were at 15,246 units as against 12,327 units in the year-ago month, up 23.67%, it added.
Commenting on the sales performance, Rajesh Jejurikar, president of farm equipment sector, Mahindra and Mahindra, said: “With the normal monsoon received in the country till date, we are hopeful that it will boost the agricultural output leading to improved tractor demand in the festive months.”
Exports during the month stood at 1,270 units as against 1,216 units in the same month last year, a growth of 4.44%, the company said.
- JSW Energy, Adani Power submit EoIs for bankrupt Monnet Power
- Distressed asset funds eye buyout deals ahead of bankruptcy process
- Waaree Energies triples capacity with Vapi solar panel plant
- Girnar tea moves Bombay HC against BigBasket over trademark violation
- Major Brands targets fivefold jump in online revenues over 3 years
Editor's Picks »
- Telangana panchayat poll a key test for Congress before 2019
- Govt ends Kashmir ceasefire, says anti-terror operations will resume
- ‘2+2’ talks: India, US look to insulate strategic ties from irritants
- Manohar Parrikar’s return raises hopes of solution to Goa mining ban
- AAP standoff with L-G Anil Baijal spills on to Delhi streets