Eveready September quarter profit jumps 41% to Rs25.62 crore
Eveready’s revenue for the quarter was marginally lower than a year earlier at Rs366.63 crore
Kolkata: Battery maker Eveready Industries India Ltd on Wednesday said its net profit in the September quarter had jumped 41% year-on-year to Rs25.62 crore despite no growth in revenue thanks to a 275 basis point gain in operating margin. (One basis point is equal to one-hundredth of a percentage point.)
Eveready’s revenue for the quarter was marginally lower than a year earlier at Rs366.63 crore.
The company said its operating margin had gone up to 11.62% in the September quarter from 8.87% a year earlier due to improved efficiencies in manufacturing.
Editor's Picks »
- Same-store sales growth trips at Future Retail
- Cipla Q4 FY18 results no reason to reverse stock underperformance
- Dr Reddy’s Q4: It’s a wait and watch, share price spike notwithstanding
- What SBI Q4 results say about the Indian economy and the bank
- Patanjali’s slowing growth does not mean that Colgate’s is accelerating