West Bengal to restructure state-owned enterprises
- RLD, Nishad Party expel MLAs for cross-voting in Rajya Sabha elections in UP
- Donald Trump said to plan expulsion of Russian diplomats over spy-poison case in UK
- India to have new database on narco crimes, criminals: Rajnath Singh
- UIDAI dismisses report of data leak, says Aadhaar remains safe
- No change in status quo at Dokalam standoff area: Indian envoy
Kolkata: The West Bengal government on Wednesday announced a large scale restructuring of enterprises owned by it to rationalise operating costs.
The government said at least 16 companies are to be merged and five subsidiaries of West Bengal Electronics Industry Development Corp. Ltd, or Webel, to be wound up. The state would, after the restructuring, continue to run 44 focused enterprises, most of which, though, are loss-making.
Chief minister Mamata Banerjee reiterated that this restructuring will not lead to job cuts.