Pankaj Patel steps down as Cadila MD, son Sharvil Patel to take over
Cadila Healthcare in a filing to BSE says the board of directors has unanimously approved the appointment of Sharvil Patel as the managing director of the company
New Delhi: Drug firm Cadila Healthcare on Wednesday said its chairman and managing director Pankaj R. Patel has stepped down as MD of the company.
His son Sharvil P. Patel, who is joint managing director, will take over as the new MD as part of succession planning, according to a regulatory filing by Cadila Healthcare.
The board of directors of Cadila Healthcare has unanimously approved the appointment of Sharvil P. Patel as the managing director of the company, Cadila Healthcare said in a filing to BSE.
Commenting on the development, Pankaj R Patel said: “...We at Zydus have been working on our succession planning programme over the last decade. In line with this and also to ensure the continuity of business going forward, Sharvil Patel has been appointed as the managing director”.
He has been associated with the company for close to two decades and has been actively associated in managing the business for over a decade, he added.
- GSTN developing tools for tax authorities to analyse data to check tax evasion
- Biocon receives EIR from USFDA for its Bengaluru facility producing sterile
- Infosys to now focus on relentless execution, stability concerns addressed: Nandan Nilekani
- McDonald’s adopts eco-friendly cutlery in West and South India
- US investors seek Chanda Kochhar’s ouster from ICICI Bank