Reliance Jio bags digital rights to broadcast Winter Olympics in India
New Delhi: Reliance Jio’s live television app Jio TV on Thursday said it has bagged digital rights to broadcast the Winter Olympic Games PyeongChang 2018 across India.
“JioTV will work with IOC (International Olympic Committee) to provide comprehensive coverage of the Games in India, thus enabling millions to access live and catch-up content on their mobile devices, on the move,” a Jio statement said.
The Olympic Winter Games — scheduled to be held from 9 to 25 February in PyeongChang County, South Korea — will feature 102 events across 15 sports, including Skiing, Skating, Luge, Ski Jumping, Ice Hockey, Snow Boarding, among others.
The event is expected to witness participation from over 90 countries, including India.
JioTV will create multiple exclusive channels on its platform to stream 24x7 live action and content of the games. It will also offer a seven-day catch up feature for consumers to watch repeat action at their convenience, the statement said.
The events coverage will include live broadcast, highlight packages and repeat programming. In addition to working with JioTV, the IOC’s multi- platform media destination, the Olympic Channel, will also stream live coverage of the games in India.
- Govt hikes raw jute MSP by Rs200 to Rs3,700 per quintal for 2018-19
- Bharti Infratel board reappoints Akhil Kumar Gupta as executive chairman
- Toyota starts booking for Yaris ahead of May launch
- Facebook results to be scoured for evidence of user defections
- Volkswagen open to revisiting Tata tie-up for India mass market