Emami Q3 profit up 9.56% at Rs147 crore
Emami Ltd’s revenue rises 4.22% to Rs756.64 crore in the December quarter
Kolkata: Consumer goods maker Emami Ltd on Monday said its net profit jumped 9.56% to Rs147 crore in the December quarter from Rs134.24 crore a year earlier, helped by a lower provision for impairment of intangible assets.
Revenue grew 4.22% year-on-year to Rs756.64 crore. Operating profit at Rs270.2 crore grew 1.3% over a year earlier as expenses swelled.
The company put aside Rs60.44 crore towards depreciation of intangible assets in the December quarter, compared with Rs70.48 crore in the same period a year ago.
“Retail and rural businesses have bounced back,” director Mohan Goenka was quoted as saying in a statement by Emami.
The company claimed its domestic business grew 10% year-on-year while international business jumped 16%.
Emami’s shares jumped 2.62% to Rs1,232.65 on BSE on Monday in a flat market.
- GAIL seeks to invest in start-ups solar power plants
- Jet Airways likely to sub-lease 7 ATR planes to TruJet
- Malaysia’s Axiata relinquishes major rights in Idea ahead of Vodafone merger
- BPCL Mumbai unit to remain shut for at least 2 months after fire
- Supertech to invest ₹800 crore this fiscal on various projects to deliver 10,000 flats
Editor's Picks »
- Rise in extreme weather events in India raises concerns over climate change impact
- US, China set to resume talks to resolve stand-off over trade
- NAA plans to knock on factory gates to enforce GST rate cuts
- Paintbrush meets pixel at India’s first Artificial Intelligence art show
- Water, vector-borne disease outbreak looms over Kerala