Emami Q3 profit up 9.56% at Rs147 crore
Emami Ltd’s revenue rises 4.22% to Rs756.64 crore in the December quarter
Kolkata: Consumer goods maker Emami Ltd on Monday said its net profit jumped 9.56% to Rs147 crore in the December quarter from Rs134.24 crore a year earlier, helped by a lower provision for impairment of intangible assets.
Revenue grew 4.22% year-on-year to Rs756.64 crore. Operating profit at Rs270.2 crore grew 1.3% over a year earlier as expenses swelled.
The company put aside Rs60.44 crore towards depreciation of intangible assets in the December quarter, compared with Rs70.48 crore in the same period a year ago.
“Retail and rural businesses have bounced back,” director Mohan Goenka was quoted as saying in a statement by Emami.
The company claimed its domestic business grew 10% year-on-year while international business jumped 16%.
Emami’s shares jumped 2.62% to Rs1,232.65 on BSE on Monday in a flat market.
Editor's Picks »
- Cube Wealth raises ₹14 crore in Series A funding
- Morgan Stanley arm in talks to invest $55 million in KSH Group’s warehouse assets
- Goldman Sachs changing Asia investment banking leadership
- Investors sitting on $40 billion capital reserves for India
- Opinion | Beware the dark side of Artificial Intelligence
- UltraTech’s dismal Q2 results darken outlook on cement sector
- NBFC liquidity crisis set to worsen real estate sector woes
- RBI pause on interest rate hike may last only till December
- Policy rethink and higher volumes to aid container shippers
- DCB Bank delivers a strong Q2 but pressure on margins foreseen