Jennifer Lawrence became the world's highest-paid actress in 2016 for the second year in a row, while Deepika Padukone is the only newcomer on the list
Washington: Jennifer Lawrence is the world’s highest-paid actress in 2016 for the second year in a row, followed by Melissa McCarthy, who notched a big gain to claim the runner-up spot, Forbes magazine reported on Tuesday.
Lawrence, the star of the Hunger Games franchise, has earned $46 million before taxes over 12 months in part from a big upfront fee for the forthcoming movie Passengers, Forbes said. The earnings mark an 11.5% drop from her 2015 total.
McCarthy has $33 million in earnings, up $10 million from her estimate for the year before, in part from her payday for the reboot of Ghostbusters.
Scarlett Johansson of Captain America: Civil Wars was third at $25 million, down nearly 30% from 2015.
The top 10 paid actresses for 2016
1. Jennifer Lawrence - $46 million
2. Melissa McCarthy - $33 million
3. Scarlett Johansson - $25 million
4. Jennifer Aniston - $21 million
5. Fan Bingbing - $17 million
6. Charlize Theron - $16.5 million
7. Amy Adams - $13.5 million
8. Julia Roberts - $12 million
9. Mila Kunis - $11 million
10. Deepika Padukone - $10 million
Padukone is the only newcomer on the list.
The totals cover from 1 June, 2015 to 1 June of this year, before fees and taxes. Reuters
Subscribe to Mint Newsletters
* Enter a valid email
* Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter.
Never miss a story! Stay connected and informed with Mint.
our App Now!!