Raimund Genes, Trend Micro CTO and EmTech India keynote speaker, dies at 54
- People need to make preventive measure a habit if India is to become malaria-free by 2027: home insecticides makers
- Bollywood is in love with biopics. But will it last?
- Flipkart wins relief over tax on discounts
- Why homebuyers can’t expect any RERA relief soon
- CBI cracks Kotkhai rape-murder case with help of DNA, blood sample
Mumbai: Raimund Genes, chief technology officer (CTO) of security firm Trend Micro, died unexpectedly of a heart attack on 24 March, at his family home in Germany. He was 54. Genes was a keynote speaker on 10 March, the concluding day of EmTech India event.
“It is with a heavy heart that I have to inform you about the incalculable loss of our dear friend and colleague Raimund Genes,” said Eva Chen, chief executive officer of Trend Micro in a note to all employees. “We are shocked and heartbroken. Raimund was an exceptional human being and a great leader. He was a confidant and friend and our heart goes out to his family.”
Raimund Genes was an integral part of Trend Micro during the last 21 years, building up the Trend Micro organization in Germany and Europe and serving as its CTO.