The road accident clock of Indian cities
An analysis of 53 Indian cities, with a population more than 1 million, shows a broad pattern in road accidents during a 24-hour period: rising with the day, peaking between 3pm and 9pm, and then tapering off.
Yet, in each three-hour band during the day, there are cities that register a significantly higher share of their road accidents than the national average.
Editor's Picks »
- WhatsApp not released yet on JioPhone; Facebook, YouTube and Google Maps supported starting today
- Kerala floods: Kochi airport shut till Saturday as rain misery returns
- PM Modi focuses on development for all in I-Day speech
- Modicare to be launched on 25 September
- ‘Power for all’ and ‘cooking for all’: Independence Day promises