LeEco eyes Rs100 crore from one-day sale event on 19 September
- Q4 earnings, oil prices to chart equities market direction this week
- Iran threatens to ‘vigorously’ resume enrichment if US quits nuclear deal
- President Kovind promulgates ordinance providing death penalty for child rapists
- Tata Motors’ market share in commercial vehicles rises to 44% in FY18 on turnaround strategy
- Idea Cellular’s proposal for 100% FDI under consideration of DIPP
New Delhi: Chinese handset maker LeEco is expecting to rake in Rs100 crore in sales from its one-day mega sale event ‘EPIC 919’ on 19 September.
The sale, which will be held simultaneously in China, India and the US, will see LeEco giving discounts and offers in partnership with companies like Uber and MakeMyTrip.
“The EPIC 919 SuperFans festival was phenomenally successful in China and we sold 500,000 Le Superphones in single day. We expect to see similar response in India this year... We should be able to clock about Rs100 crore worth of sales in a single day,” LeEco India chief operating officer, smart devices, Atul Jain said.
The offers on smartphones and televisions will be available for 24 hours starting midnight of 19 September on LeMall.com and Flipkart. LeEco will extend offers worth Rs49.5 crore.
LeEco forayed into the Indian market in January this year. Talking about its retail expansion, Jain said the company expects to be present in 8,000 outlets in 65 cities by December-end.
“Retail expansion is on track. By September-end, we should be present in over 4,000 outlets which will be increased to 8,000 by year-end,” he added.
The company gets about 10% of its smartphone sales from the offline route currently. “This, we expect, will increase to 40-50% by December 2017 as we expand the number of physical stores,” he added.
LeEco has also sought the Foreign Investment Promotion Board’s approval for launching its own stores in the country.