Films and cricket rule Twitter in 2017
Twitter reflected the diversity of Indian society this year across voices, topics and regions—from Bollywood to Indian Premier League to GST. On the list of 10 most followed Indians on Twitter in 2017 are Prime Minister Narendra Modi (@NarendraModi) at the No.1 position with 37.5 million followers, actor Amitabh Bachchan (@SrBachchan) with 31.5 million followers, and two cricketers, Sachin Tendulkar (@sachin_rt) and Virat Kohli (@imVkohli).
Top Hashtag Trends of the Year
Tamil film Mersal generated colossal engagement from fans of South Indian cinema, making #Mersal the top hashtag trend of the year. Four of the top 10 hashtags this year related to cricket—#IPL, #ct17 , #wwc17and #indvpak. The performance of the women’s cricket team and GST also made it to the list.
Most tweeted sports moment
The ICC Champions Trophy 2017 final clash was the most tweeted about ODI ever with 1.8 million tweets.
- Hollywood, Telugu movies pose threat to Bollywood’s reign at home and away
- Friday Film Releases: Salman Khan dominates with ‘Race 3’
- Race 3 review: The Salman Khan starrer is neither swift nor sensible
- Salman Khan, other Bollywood stars face ‘million dollar’ lawsuit in US
- Salman Khan’s ‘Race 3’ releases today, and it’s already profitable