India’s internet readiness
More people are getting access to a smartphone and, eventually, connectivity to the internet across India. The latest Internet Readiness Index figures suggest that Maharashtra, Delhi and the union territory of Chandigarh have the highest index figures, while Bihar, Arunachal Pradesh, and Daman and Diu are yet to even open their account.
An initiative by the Department of Posts saw the provision of internet and email facilities in post offices across India. Delhi, Karnataka and Maharashtra have the maximum number of connected post offices, while Manipur, Andhra Pradesh and Meghalaya are at the bottom.
Editor's Picks »
- Saudi Aramco, ADNOC cannot export Ratnagiri refinery fuel without consent
- Are you eligible for Ayushman Bharat health insurance? Check benefits, eligibility criteria
- JioPhone 2 goes on sale tomorrow, but is there an alternative?
- Why a top Singapore executive fired himself
- Facebook to stream Spanish football league La Liga’s matches in India