India’s internet readiness
More people are getting access to a smartphone and, eventually, connectivity to the internet across India. The latest Internet Readiness Index figures suggest that Maharashtra, Delhi and the union territory of Chandigarh have the highest index figures, while Bihar, Arunachal Pradesh, and Daman and Diu are yet to even open their account.
An initiative by the Department of Posts saw the provision of internet and email facilities in post offices across India. Delhi, Karnataka and Maharashtra have the maximum number of connected post offices, while Manipur, Andhra Pradesh and Meghalaya are at the bottom.
Editor's Picks »
- Sterlite protests land a blow to Vedanta boss Anil Agarwal’s ambitions
- Sterlite protests updates: DMK, allies call for Tamil Nadu bandh, Rajnath Singh calls for peace in Tuticorin
- Vedanta warns of aluminium production cuts on coal curbs
- India-Netherlands ties: Modi welcomes Dutch PM Mark Rutte, delegation-level talks underway
- Europe’s biggest fund says Indian bond gloom to last a year