India’s internet readiness
- IndiaCast partners with Thai company JKN Media for content distribution
- Kochi biennale attempts to make India ‘a place beyond belief’
- Google+ shutdown speeds up, new privacy bug affected 52.5 million users
- Isha Ambani wedding not to cost more than $15 million: Sources
- ‘102 Not Out’ disappoints at China box office but Bollywood has more to offer
More people are getting access to a smartphone and, eventually, connectivity to the internet across India. The latest Internet Readiness Index figures suggest that Maharashtra, Delhi and the union territory of Chandigarh have the highest index figures, while Bihar, Arunachal Pradesh, and Daman and Diu are yet to even open their account.
An initiative by the Department of Posts saw the provision of internet and email facilities in post offices across India. Delhi, Karnataka and Maharashtra have the maximum number of connected post offices, while Manipur, Andhra Pradesh and Meghalaya are at the bottom.
Editor's Picks »
- Ex-lawyer blames Trump ‘dirty deeds’ as sentenced to three years
- Theresa May pledges to quit before next UK election as she fights leadership challenge
- United Bank of India raises deposit rates by 0.25%
- Uber CEO and Alphabet invest in urban farming startup
- Toyota advances plans to replace Takata airbags in 65,000 vehicles