India’s internet readiness
More people are getting access to a smartphone and, eventually, connectivity to the internet across India. The latest Internet Readiness Index figures suggest that Maharashtra, Delhi and the union territory of Chandigarh have the highest index figures, while Bihar, Arunachal Pradesh, and Daman and Diu are yet to even open their account.
An initiative by the Department of Posts saw the provision of internet and email facilities in post offices across India. Delhi, Karnataka and Maharashtra have the maximum number of connected post offices, while Manipur, Andhra Pradesh and Meghalaya are at the bottom.
Editor's Picks »
- Women journalists attacked in Sabarimala despite police presence
- Huawei just launched a smartphone that can wirelessly charge other phones. Here’s how it works
- UK PM met Ratan Tata as JLR warns on Brexit, diesel: Report
- Gold prices surge to 2-year high on festive demand
- Man Booker Prize 2018: A year of surprises