Pawel Pawlikowski wins best director at Cannes for ‘Cold War’
Cannes: Poland’s Pawel Pawlikowski won the best director award at the Cannes film festival Saturday for his love story “Cold War”.
Pawlikowski, who won an Oscar for “Ida” in 2013, said the award was a “rare piece of good news these days” for Poland.
The best actress award was given to Kazakh actress Samal Yeslyamova for playing a jobless single mother from post-Soviet Central Asia adrift in Moscow in Sergey Dvortsevoy’s “Ayka”.
The 33-year-old actress, who also starred in Dvortsevoy’s acclaimed debut film “Tulpan”, was praised by the Hollywood Reporter for her “intense, committed performance”.
- Friday film wrap: Post-Diwali week sees a bunch of small releases
- Netflix cancels ‘Narcos: Mexico’ red carpet due to LA wildfires
- Romances are very popular in India: Netflix’s Ted Sarandos
- Game of Thrones Season 8 to start in April, trailer released
- Amazon Prime Video introduces localized Hindi interface for India