‘Game of Thrones Season 8 script ‘self-destruct’ after shooting’
London: Game of Thrones star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has said filming of Season 8 of the popular fantasy show is akin to featuring in a Mission: Impossible film as the scripts of the series tend to “self-destruct” after the actors are through with the scenes.
The 47-year-old actor, best known for playing Jamie Lannister in GOT, said being the last instalment, the makers are “strict” this time and the artistes receive their lines in a digital format.
“They’re very very strict. It’s reached a crazy level this year. We actually get the scripts, and then when we’ve shot the scene—and we only have it digitally—and then when you’ve done the scene, it just vanishes. It’s like ‘Mission: Impossible’. ‘This will self-destruct’,” Coster-Waldau told Elite Daily.
GOT is known for its unpredictable plot points and some of them involve the killing of popular characters at frequent intervals. Fans believe some of the main characters will not come out alive in the eighth and final season, which will air next year.
- #MeToo: Subodh Gupta steps down from Serendipity Arts Festival
- India Post announces full-fledged entry into e-commerce
- ‘Aquaman’, ‘Spider-Man’ dominate week devoid of Bollywood releases
- Priya Prakash Varrier, Priyanka Chopra, Sapna Choudhary among 2018’s most Googled personalities
- IndiaCast partners with Thai company JKN Media for content distribution
Editor's Picks »
- May said to warn Merkel, Macron their Brexit deal is almost dead
- Jawa opens dealerships in Pune, first in India after re-entry
- Rafale verdict: Centre moves application in Supreme Court
- RBI’s solution for MSME loan woes: Public credit registry
- AgustaWestland case: Christian Michel’s custody extended by 4 days