‘Game of Thrones Season 8 script ‘self-destruct’ after shooting’
London: Game of Thrones star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has said filming of Season 8 of the popular fantasy show is akin to featuring in a Mission: Impossible film as the scripts of the series tend to “self-destruct” after the actors are through with the scenes.
The 47-year-old actor, best known for playing Jamie Lannister in GOT, said being the last instalment, the makers are “strict” this time and the artistes receive their lines in a digital format.
“They’re very very strict. It’s reached a crazy level this year. We actually get the scripts, and then when we’ve shot the scene—and we only have it digitally—and then when you’ve done the scene, it just vanishes. It’s like ‘Mission: Impossible’. ‘This will self-destruct’,” Coster-Waldau told Elite Daily.
GOT is known for its unpredictable plot points and some of them involve the killing of popular characters at frequent intervals. Fans believe some of the main characters will not come out alive in the eighth and final season, which will air next year.
- Emilia Clarke says goodbye to ‘Game of Thrones’
- Day 1 of Cannes Lions 2018: India bags four metals in health, pharma categories
- Ten Bollywood remakes of Marathi films
- Salman Khan’s ‘Race 3’ crosses Rs 100 crore milestone over opening weekend
- Hollywood, Telugu movies pose threat to Bollywood’s reign at home and away
Editor's Picks »
- RITES IPO opens today, analysts say valuation attractive
- Piyush Goyal says govt will look into RBI demand for more powers over state-run lenders
- Public sector banks to focus on credit needs of good borrowers: FM
- SBI’s Rajnish Kumar says banks agree fragmentation in the industry is not good
- IIFL arm looks to raise Rs746 crore from institutional investors