Media and entertainment: gaining momentum
- India Post announces full-fledged entry into e-commerce
- ‘Aquaman’, ‘Spider-Man’ dominate week devoid of Bollywood releases
- Priya Prakash Varrier, Priyanka Chopra, Sapna Choudhary among 2018’s most Googled personalities
- IndiaCast partners with Thai company JKN Media for content distribution
- Kochi biennale attempts to make India ‘a place beyond belief’
The media and entertainment industry in India is projected to grow at close to 13% in 2015 over the previous year, according to the Indian Media and Entertainment Industry Report, 2015, prepared by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry and consulting firm KPMG.
The report expects TV to expand by 14.46%, print 8% and digital 44%, building on the growth in 2014.
Editor's Picks »
- Saina Nehwal, Parupalli Kashyap get married in private ceremony
- Rahul Gandhi targets Modi govt after SC’s Rafale verdict
- IB and RAW chiefs get six months extension; to continue till general elections 2019
- Five dead, several hospitalised after consuming temple food in Karnataka
- Exports up 0.8% in November; trade deficit widens to $16.6 billion