BARC inks pact with Prime Focus
- Malayalam cinema battles misogyny as #MeToo gains ground in other industries
- Why television has an edge over digital advertising platforms during festive season
- #MeToo takes a toll on Bollywood projects
- YouTube says ‘we’re back’ after reports of widespread outages
- Bollywood throws up disastrous crowded weekend as regional cinema dominates
Mumbai: Moving a step closer to establishing an alternative audience measurement system, the Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC) announced that it had appointed Prime Focus Technologies, a subsidiary of Prime Focus Ltd, to provide a play-out monitoring system to power one of the world’s largest audience measurement programmes.
The play-out monitoring service is one of 12 components being put together to give the industry what BARC calls a “credible and reliable rating system” by the end of the year.
Editor's Picks »
- India to put former top climate change official Rajendra Pachauri on trial for sexual harassment
- Rahul Gandhi hits out at KCR, claims Telangana reeling under debt
- Deve Gowda-Siddaramaiah display rare bonhomie ahead of Karnataka by-polls
- Govt allocates Rs 144 crore to AYUSH ministry for alternative medicines
- Esperanto, A language whose time never came