HBO social media accounts hacked
Los Angeles: HBO’s troubles are just getting worse as on Wednesday night hackers took control of the network’s social media accounts. According to Variety, a hacking group broke into company’s Twitter and Facebook accounts.
“Hi, OurMine are here, we are just testing your security, HBO team please contact us to upgrade the security – ourmine .org -> Contact,” read a message on both social platforms.
The Twitter account for Game of Thrones was also misused. However, HBO managed to scrap the offending tweets shortly after they were posted. This comes after HBO Spain accidentally broadcast Game of Thrones season seven episode 6 four days before its official release.
The news of hack first broke out on 31 July when the hackers reportedly released a handful of unaired episodes of HBO shows, as well as other internal data, online. After that, an unaired episodes of the season nine of the show “Curb Your Enthusiasm” was leaked online.
The episodes from the upcoming instalment of the series found their way on the Internet, one month before the original airing date, 1 October.
- Emilia Clarke says goodbye to ‘Game of Thrones’
- Day 1 of Cannes Lions 2018: India bags four metals in health, pharma categories
- Ten Bollywood remakes of Marathi films
- Salman Khan’s ‘Race 3’ crosses Rs 100 crore milestone over opening weekend
- Hollywood, Telugu movies pose threat to Bollywood’s reign at home and away
Editor's Picks »
- Is Reliance Jio really the most profitable telecom firm?
- Bond yields fall after RBI bond purchase announcement
- Get fresh home cooked food at work from a kitchen near you
- For your next offsite, opt for offbeat destinations
- Stock Market LIVE: Sensex rises 120 points, Nifty at 10750, pharma, auto stocks lead