Adfactors wins PR mandate of some companies of Tata Group
New Delhi: Public relations firm Adfactors PR on Monday said it had won the communication mandate of some leading companies in the Tata group.
According to industry executives, the account size is estimated at between Rs30 and Rs40 crore. The incumbent agency on the account is Edelman, which has been handling the mandate since 2011.
An executive at Adfactors said on condition of anonymity that while there was no official pitch process, Tata Group executives had met multiple public relations firms over the last three months.
The mandate will take effect on 1 February. Adfactors will handle strategic counsel and planning, media relations, issues and crisis management, investor relations, advocacy, and integrated campaign development for some Tata group companies. They includes Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS), Tata Steel Ltd, Tata Chemicals Ltd, The Indian Hotels Company Ltd (IHCL), Tata Power Co. Ltd, Tata Global Beverages Ltd and Titan Co. Ltd, as well as Tata Sons Ltd and Tata Trusts, across the country.
“We are pleased to partner with Adfactors PR, India’s largest PR agency, to drive the Tata communications strategy and make the brand engaging and relevant to all our stakeholders,” Pradipta Bagchi, group communications officer at Tata group, said in a statement.
Adfactors will service the account out of its 16 wholly-owned offices across the country, supported by a network of 24 support offices covering all state capitals and principal markets. The firm stated that it plans to deploy around 150 people in various dedicated sectors and market-specialist teams to lead the account in Mumbai, Delhi and Bengaluru.
“The opportunity to work for an iconic institution like the Tata group that is India’s best known and most trusted brand represents an exciting opportunity for the Adfactors family. The Tata group is at an inflection point in terms of reinforcing its leadership and growth. We look forward to adding value to its efforts in engaging with a rapidly transforming nation,” said Madan Bahal, co-founder and managing director of Adfactors PR.
Founded in 1997, Adfactors PR is India’s largest PR firm, which services over 300 retained clients. It has a professional staff of over 500, who operate out of a network of 40 offices in India and an office each in Sri Lanka and Singapore.
- Trai ticks off Tata Sky for lack of customer support on new regulations
- ‘It’s time for personalization in financial services’
- DS Group replaces Priyanka Chopra with Anushka Sharma as Rajnigandha Pearls’ brand face
- Sonal Dabral, Reed Collins to head Ogilvy APAC’s team
- Hotstar adds to streaming drama with originals
Editor's Picks »
- Posh Amrapali flats booked for just Re 1 per sq ft, auditors tell supreme Court
- FDI in e-commerce: Amazon, Flipkart seek extension of 1 Feb deadline
- Barista in advanced talks with Swiggy, another player for food delivery
- Govt forms ministerial panel to resolve GST issues plaguing lottery business
- Maharastra govt keen on buying iconic Air India building