Netflix orders new high school comedy series
Los Angeles: Netflix has ordered an eight- episode limited comedy series, titled “Best Worst Weekend Ever”. “The Wedding Ringer” director Jeremy Garelick will serve as showrunner on the high school drama, according to ‘The Hollywood Reporter’.
Created and exec produced by Robin and frequent collaborator Dan Franklin, the comedy follows four friends as they make the most of their last weekend before high school.
The pickup for “Best Worst Weekend Ever” comes after the streaming giant renewed Jenji Cohan’s “GLOW” for a second season.
- Emilia Clarke says goodbye to ‘Game of Thrones’
- Day 1 of Cannes Lions 2018: India bags four metals in health, pharma categories
- Ten Bollywood remakes of Marathi films
- Salman Khan’s ‘Race 3’ crosses Rs 100 crore milestone over opening weekend
- Hollywood, Telugu movies pose threat to Bollywood’s reign at home and away
Editor's Picks »
- RITES IPO opens today, analysts say valuation attractive
- Piyush Goyal says govt will look into RBI demand for more powers over state-run lenders
- Public sector banks to focus on credit needs of good borrowers: FM
- SBI’s Rajnish Kumar says banks agree fragmentation in the industry is not good
- IIFL arm looks to raise Rs746 crore from institutional investors