Free Basics good idea, says survey
- ‘Badhaai Ho’ joins the list of 2018’s festive hits
- Malayalam cinema battles misogyny as #MeToo gains ground in other industries
- Why television has an edge over digital advertising platforms during festive season
- #MeToo takes a toll on Bollywood projects
- YouTube says ‘we’re back’ after reports of widespread outages
Net neutrality has become the subject of heated debate once again. This time around, the trigger is Facebook’s Free Basics campaign, for which the social media firm is using its own network, as well as every available platform, sparing no expense. In April, telco Bharti Airtel Ltd’s launch of Airtel Zero had first triggered the Net neutrality debate.
InstaVaani polled 532 respondents across major metros in India on the issue of Net neutrality to gauge their opinion.
It found that 77% of 393 respondents feel Facebook’s Free Basics initiative is a good idea.
At the same time, 67% of 328 respondents believe Facebook is abusing its position by using its own platform to urge users to support Free Basics.