River Must Flow sofa unveiled in Milan
- IndiaCast partners with Thai company JKN Media for content distribution
- Kochi biennale attempts to make India ‘a place beyond belief’
- Google+ shutdown speeds up, new privacy bug affected 52.5 million users
- Isha Ambani wedding not to cost more than $15 million: Sources
- ‘102 Not Out’ disappoints at China box office but Bollywood has more to offer
The River Must Flow sofa, created by industrial designer Karim Rashid, was unveiled in Milan last week.
A play on a river’s course, with waves and turns marked for fluidity and innovative design, the sofa’s elements can be arranged back-to-back for it to become a seamless piece.
The US-based Rashid specializes in luxury goods, furniture, lighting, brand identity and packaging. He has more than 3,000 designs currently in production and more than 300 awards to his credit.
The sofa has been launched by Belgium company Sixinch Design which specializes in high-density, polyurethane foam-coated furniture that doesn’t require wood, spring or metal support.
“The ‘ring’ configuration embodies infinite fluidity and the ‘river’ configuration I liken to ever-undulating energy,” Rashid said in a statement.
Sixinch Design claims there is no limit to customization and buyers can choose from a wide array of colours and sizes. A UV-stable coating ensures that it can be used both indoors and outdoors. The River Must Flow sofa will be available in India in three to four months. The price will depend on the customization.