PTI Twitter account hacked, restored within minutes
- How 3% yields could reshape the investing landscape
- Cryptocurrencies climb again as April rally storms toward 75%
- Celebrating TCS’s triumph and the spunk of Flipkart
- Xiaomi leads India’s smartphone market again, Huawei moves into top five: report
- How Huawei P20 Pro compares with Google Pixel 2 XL, Samsung Galaxy S9+ and Apple iPhone X
New Delhi: The Twitter account of Press Trust of India (PTI) was hacked Wednesday evening by a group which called itself ‘Iran Crack Security team’ but was restored within minutes.
The hackers changed the profile picture of the account — @PTI_News — and sent out tweets such as “Best channel in the telegram join to channel and learn something news” (sic).
Between 7:30 PM & 7.50 PM, PTI Twitter account was hacked. PTI is not responsible for any messages that could have appeared in that period.— Press Trust of India (@PTI_News) February 1, 2017
The account was hacked around 7.30pm and was restored around 7.50pm.
Later, PTI put out a tweet saying, “Between 7:30 PM & 7.50 PM, PTI Twitter account was hacked. PTI not responsible for any messages that could have appeared in that period.”