‘Masaan’ wins two top awards at Cannes
- Havas Media elevates Anita Nayyar as CEO, Southeast Asia
- ZEEL combines 3D, virtual reality to develop technology platform Z5X
- ‘Badhaai Ho’ joins the list of 2018’s festive hits
- Malayalam cinema battles misogyny as #MeToo gains ground in other industries
- Why television has an edge over digital advertising platforms during festive season
Cannes: Neeraj Ghaywan’s directorial debut “Masaan”, which premiered at this year’s Cannes Film Festival, has won two awards—FIPRESCI, International Jury of Film Critics prize and Promising Future prize in the Un Certain Regard section.
The film, starring Richa Chadda, Sanjay Mishra, Vicky Kaushal and Shweta Tripathi in the lead roles, has been creating buzz at the festival and was treated to a five-minute-long standing ovation during its screening recently by the hard to please Cannes audience.
“#MASAAN just won the FIPRESCI award for Un Certain Regard at @Festival_Cannes! This was long due for India,” Ghaywan posted on twitter. “2nd award for India!! #MASAAN most promising newcomer! See @anuragkashyap72 what your mentorship has got me to,” the first-time director added.
Richa also took to twitter to share her excitement. “This is the best day! Keeps getting better. My God. #MasaanAtCannes is coming home with 2 awards. Thrilled. Thank you everyone for the wishes,” the actress wrote.
“Masaan” has been produced by Manish Mundra, Macassar Productions, Phantom Films, Sikhya Entertainment and French production company Pathe International. Some members of the Indian film fraternity congratulated the cast and crew of “Masaan” for their incredible journey at Cannes.
Veteran actress Shabana Azmi wrote, “Congrats.” “Congratulations to the entire team of #Masaan for the double win at Cannes. @ghaywan @ManMundra @anuragkashyap72 @guneetm,” director Onir tweeted. Actor Ayushmann Khurrana said, “Congrats Grover Saab! And the entire team. So proud.”
Editor's Picks »
- Paytm says consumer data safe after founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma’s personal data stolen
- Jet Airways seeks loan moratorium to ease cash crunch
- NBFCs face big test as Rs 1.2 lakh crore repayment comes due
- Deals Buzz: Tiger Global raises $3.75 billion for new venture fund
- OnePlus partners with Reliance Digital for offline sales