Ola Play, Hotstar in talks with railways to provide content on trains
- Fuel marketers may have to continue paying higher debit card fees
- 14 Naxals killed in Gadchiroli encounter in Maharashtra
- BJP gears up for solo fight in Maharashtra polls, but alliance talks on with Shiv Sena
- Slay the beast of social media to curb societal ills
- Karnataka polls may turn out to be anybody’s game
New Delhi: Indian Railways is in talks to bring on board Star India Pvt. Ltd’s video-streaming app Hotstar and Ola Play to provide content ranging from movies and music to cricket and other sports to passengers of the national carrier.
“With these two players joining the list, we now have over a dozen entertainment players who want to distribute and sell their content on trains and rail platforms, which is a big number,” a senior railway ministry official said on condition of anonymity.