Top television ads in April: Airtel retains the top spot
- IndiaCast partners with Thai company JKN Media for content distribution
- Kochi biennale attempts to make India ‘a place beyond belief’
- Google+ shutdown speeds up, new privacy bug affected 52.5 million users
- Isha Ambani wedding not to cost more than $15 million: Sources
- ‘102 Not Out’ disappoints at China box office but Bollywood has more to offer
For the second month in a row, an Airtel advertisement topped the Mint-Ipsos-TVAdIndx survey of television commercials (TVCs) broadcast in April.
This time, the ad by Taproot Dentsu India Communication Pvt. Ltd has Sasha Chettri riding in a bullock-cart with a friend through a forest in Ettimadai, near Coimbatore. They reach a crossroads and the driver wants to know which turn to take; his wife replies—after checking the GPS on her mobile—and Chettri and friend are left wide-eyed that Airtel 4G works even in such interiors.
The ad for “India’s widest 4G network” is on the same lines as its predecessors, which had Chettri travelling in remote locations—near Umiam Lake north of Shillong, a cave near Igatpuri in Maharashtra and Mashobra near Shimla—and finding, much to her surprise, that the high-speed wireless network works everywhere.
The ad topped both the ad reach index, which measures brand awareness and recall, and the ad diagnostics index, a gauge of softer features such as likeability, believability and enjoyability.Rs.15 Paytm cash for every bottle they buy; one of them tied with Samsung Galaxy J3 for fifth place. The phone comes with a bike mode and is available on Snapdeal. In the Samsung ad, actor Shahid Kapoor, riding a motorcycle, tells his friend what the bike mode does—a caller will hear that you are riding and can call again later. Or he can press a button to let you know it’s an urgent call so you can park your bike and take the call.
TVCs for Kentucky Fried Chicken, Limca, Pepsi-Paytm, Asian Paints SmartCare followed. Ads for the Glucon-D energy drink and Dish Tru HD (featuring actor Shah Rukh Khan) tied for the 10th spot on the ad reach index.
On the ad diagnostics index, the Airtel TVC was followed by ads for Britannia Good Day, Vodafone SuperNet 4G, Pepsi-Paytm, Maggi Hot & Sweet tomato chilli sauce and Kentucky Fried Chicken (tied in fifth place), Samsung Galaxy-Snapdeal and Pepsi-Paytm (tied at No.6), Asian Paints SmartCare, Limca, the Mahindra Gusto 125 scooter and Maggi 2-minute noodles.
2. Vodafone SuperNet 4G
3. Britannia Good Day-Kings XI Punjab
5. Samsung Galaxy J3
Editor's Picks »
- Uber CEO and Alphabet invest in urban farming startup
- Toyota advances plans to replace Takata airbags in 65,000 vehicles
- China preparing plan to increase access for foreign companies: Report
- Irdai allows single personal accident cover for multiple vehicles
- Centre seeks to boost public health spending to 2.5% of GDP by 2025