Emami secures court order restraining HUL from airing Men’s Fair and Lovely ad
Kolkata: Consumer goods maker Emami Ltd on Wednesday said it has secured from a district court in West Bengal an order restraining Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HUL) from airing a television commercial for Fair and Lovely Fairness cream for men.
Emami claimed the HUL advertisement had disparaging visuals and references to its Fair and Handsome cream.
Emami has sent legal notices to HUL and seven television channels asking them to stop airing the commercial, the company said.
- Friday film wrap: Post-Diwali week sees a bunch of small releases
- Netflix cancels ‘Narcos: Mexico’ red carpet due to LA wildfires
- Romances are very popular in India: Netflix’s Ted Sarandos
- Game of Thrones Season 8 to start in April, trailer released
- Amazon Prime Video introduces localized Hindi interface for India