Emami secures court order restraining HUL from airing Men’s Fair and Lovely ad
Kolkata: Consumer goods maker Emami Ltd on Wednesday said it has secured from a district court in West Bengal an order restraining Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HUL) from airing a television commercial for Fair and Lovely Fairness cream for men.
Emami claimed the HUL advertisement had disparaging visuals and references to its Fair and Handsome cream.
Emami has sent legal notices to HUL and seven television channels asking them to stop airing the commercial, the company said.
- Embracing technology is the only way to remain relevant: Siddharth Roy Kapur
- Mass tourism threatens Croatia’s ‘Game of Thrones’ town
- Hindustan Times, 9 others come together to form Digital News Publishers Association
- ‘Manto’ is impassioned and handsomely mounted
- Siyaram’s names Ranveer Singh as brand ambassador
Editor's Picks »
- IL&FS unit chief resigns amid default crisis at group
- Tata Steel to buy Usha Martin’s steel business for up to Rs 4,700 crore
- Apple’s new smartwatch will monitor your heart only in the US, not in India or elsewhere
- Are 5 year-old smartphones still relevant today?
- OPEC and allies struggle to pump more oil as Iran supply falls