Snapchat will release $130 sunglasses with built-in camera
- How Huawei P20 Pro compares with Google Pixel 2 XL, Samsung Galaxy S9+ and Apple iPhone X
- Apple supplier AMS’s outlook spurs fears of weak iPhone X demand
- HPBOSE 12th result 2018 declared, check your board exam results on hpbose.org
- Modi-Xi summit as significant as Rajiv Gandhi-Xiaoping meet: Chinese official media
- Mahesh Babu’s ‘Bharat Ane Nenu’ storms domestic, overseas box office
San Francisco: Snapchat said it will release a wearable gadget called Spectacles, which resembles a pair of sunglasses with a built-in camera for shooting video. The product will be sold in “limited distribution” this fall for $129.99, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday.
Spectacles will come in one size and three colours—black, teal or coral. The wearer can tap a button on the hinge to record video of up to 10 seconds using the wide-angle lens on the glasses, which is transmitted wirelessly to a smartphone.
Evan Spiegel, the chief executive officer and co-founder of Snapchat, has been testing a prototype of the device since at least early 2015, the newspaper reported. The Los Angeles company, valued at $18 billion by investors this year, will change its name to Snap Inc., reflecting its larger ambitions.
The product represents the first foray into consumer electronics for the startup behind the popular messaging app. Spectacles has some parallels with Google Glass, a widely mocked wearable device from Alphabet Inc. Snap posted a promotional video for Spectacles on YouTube and is expected to show off the gadget in New York next week. Bloomberg