‘The Shape of Water’ leads Oscar nominations with 13 nods
Los Angles: Fox Searchlight’s fantasy drama The Shape of Water led the Oscar nominations on Tuesday with 13 nods, including the top prize for best picture.
It will contend with Call Me By Your Name, Darkest Hour, Dunkirk, Get Out, Lady Bird, Phantom Thread, The Post and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri for the best picture award at the Academy Awards ceremony in Hollywood on 4 March.
The Shape of Water earned nominations in all major categories, including for its director Guillermo del Toro, and for actors Sally Hawkins, Richard Jenkins and Octavia Spencer.
Dunkirk, from Warner Bros., followed with eight nominations, including for director Christopher Nolan. Three Billboards, also from Fox Searchlight, had seven, including acting nods for Frances McDormand, Woody Harrelson and Sam Rockwell.
Greta Gerwig became only the fifth woman ever to be nominated for a best director Oscar, for Lady Bird. The movie also won a lead actress nomination for Saoirse Ronan and for supporting actress Laurie Metcalf.
Editor's Picks »
- Four years of Modi govt: Labour reforms slow down despite policy revamp
- UK opposition party wants Vedanta delisted from London Stock Exchange
- Four years of Modi govt: Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code resets corporate rescue regime
- Healthcare in four years of Modi government: Modicare could be a game changer
- Under pressure from Donald Trump, Saudis put brakes on oil’s rally