ICAI seeks post graduation status for CA qualification
New Delhi: Chartered accountants’ apex body the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) on Monday said it has sought post graduation degree status for CA qualification.
Besides, the CA intermediate programme should be accorded the graduation degree status, the grouping said in a release on Monday. In this regard, ICAI has recently written a letter to the corporate affairs ministry.
The institute has sought the ministry’s “intervention in designating chartered accountancy qualification as equivalent to post graduation and CA-intermediate to be treated equivalent to graduate degree in the university education system,” the release said.
According to the release, the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), back in 1984, had recognised chartered accountancy along with graduation to be equivalent to a post graduate degree in commerce or allied disciplines for the purpose of registration to PhD programme.
“101 Indian universities, six IIMs and two IITs have recognised chartered accountancy qualification for the specific purpose of registration to PhD programme,” it added.
- Deutsche Bank scales back investment bank as profit drops
- News in Numbers: India ranks 138 on World’s Press Freedom Index
- Govt may buy RBI’s stake in National Housing Bank
- The latest updates to Gmail for web will make you more productive, keep data secure
- Yes Bank Q4 profit rises 29% to Rs1,179.44 crore