ICAI seeks post graduation status for CA qualification
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) also wants the CA intermediate programme accorded the graduation degree status
New Delhi: Chartered accountants’ apex body the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) on Monday said it has sought post graduation degree status for CA qualification.
Besides, the CA intermediate programme should be accorded the graduation degree status, the grouping said in a release on Monday. In this regard, ICAI has recently written a letter to the corporate affairs ministry.
The institute has sought the ministry’s “intervention in designating chartered accountancy qualification as equivalent to post graduation and CA-intermediate to be treated equivalent to graduate degree in the university education system,” the release said.
According to the release, the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), back in 1984, had recognised chartered accountancy along with graduation to be equivalent to a post graduate degree in commerce or allied disciplines for the purpose of registration to PhD programme.
“101 Indian universities, six IIMs and two IITs have recognised chartered accountancy qualification for the specific purpose of registration to PhD programme,” it added.
- How to crack GMAT? Coffee may help you, claims study
- CFA Institute adds cryptocurrencies, blockchain to its curriculum
- CBSE mulls challenging HC order on providing grace marks in NEET
- Jio Institute may lose top billing if it fails to perform: Govt
- IISc, 2 IITs among 6 in govt’s ‘institutes of eminence’ list
Editor's Picks »
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself
- UltraTech Cement: No respite from cost pressures
- Mindtree sees strong revenues but client concentration remains high
- Bandhan Bank’s share defies gravity as growth story is intact
- Fund managers slashing allocations to equities in emerging markets, shows BAML survey