ICAI seeks post graduation status for CA qualification
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) also wants the CA intermediate programme accorded the graduation degree status
New Delhi: Chartered accountants’ apex body the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) on Monday said it has sought post graduation degree status for CA qualification.
Besides, the CA intermediate programme should be accorded the graduation degree status, the grouping said in a release on Monday. In this regard, ICAI has recently written a letter to the corporate affairs ministry.
The institute has sought the ministry’s “intervention in designating chartered accountancy qualification as equivalent to post graduation and CA-intermediate to be treated equivalent to graduate degree in the university education system,” the release said.
According to the release, the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), back in 1984, had recognised chartered accountancy along with graduation to be equivalent to a post graduate degree in commerce or allied disciplines for the purpose of registration to PhD programme.
“101 Indian universities, six IIMs and two IITs have recognised chartered accountancy qualification for the specific purpose of registration to PhD programme,” it added.
Editor's Picks »
- Flipkart may appoint new group CEO in place of Binny Bansal
- Ola in funding talks with Naspers at a valuation of $7-8 billion
- Task cut out for Yes Bank as it scouts for CEO Rana Kapoor’s successor
- Helo goes on spending spree to take on ShareChat
- WhatsApp appoints grievance officer to curb fake news in India
- India’s renewable energy sector hits a milestone but loses speed
- All eyes now on share swap ratio in this mega bank merger
- Jet Privilege can actually get higher valuation than Jet Airways
- Profitability of cement firms to take a hit due to weak prices, high costs
- Pidilite’s shares hold their ground despite weak rupee and rising crude