DST approves Rs14.43 crore for setting up cyber security centre in IIT-Kanpur
The DST has approved the grant for a period of 5 years and the amount will be used to purchase equipment for establishing the centre for cyber security in IIT-Kanpur
- IIM Ahmedabad to conduct management training programmes for CAs
- Azim Premji University, Shiv Nadar University, BHU and 15 others recommended for IoE status
- Coursera launches global MBA for APAC learners
- UPSC starts facility of withdrawal of application for CDS exam
- Like IITs, ISB sees huge jump in job offers
Kanpur: The Department of Science and Technology (DST) has approved Rs14.43 crore for establishment of a Centre for Cyber Security in IIT Kanpur.
The DST under the Ministry of Science & Technology has approved the grant for a period of five years and the amount will be used to purchase equipment for establishing the centre for cyber security in the prestigious institute, a statement from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) said.
Prof Manindra Agarwal, a Padma Shri recipient, is the Principal Investigator of the project and he will look after it. Specialists from IIT Bombay, IIT Kharagpur, ISI Kolkata, IIIT Delhi and MNIT Jaipur will work at the Centre after its establishment here, Agarwal said.
Faculty members and students will get a lot of opportunities to work in the field of cyber security and learn about it, he said. Agarwal said the institute is emphasising on the works related to cyber security.
Cyber Security Awareness Week was also organised in the institute in November last year. An MoU was also signed with Tel Aviv University of Israel to promote research on cyber security.
Editor's Picks »
- Markets yet to warm up to KEC International’s record order book
- Indraprastha Gas and Mahanagar Gas shares are low on fuel
- Overhang of capacity constraints lifts for ACC, Ambuja Cements
- Stock market traders fall for the ‘buy rural’ narrative, once again
- Continuing volume momentum puts Indian ports in a good position