UPSC Civil Services mains 2017 schedule released. Check at upsc.gov.in
The Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) has released the schedule for the Civil Services Mains Examination 2017. Check the schedule at upsc.gov.in
New Delhi: The Union Public Services commission has released the time table for the 2017 Civil Services mains Examination . The papers will be conducted over a week’s time starting from 28 October to 3 November.
According to the schedule released on upsc.gov.in, the first to be conduced is the essay paper scheduled in the first half of Saturday, 28 October from 9am to noon. No paper is scheduled for 29 October as it is a Sunday.
The four general studies papers will be conducted on 30 and 31 October in four shifts—the morning session will be from 9am to noon, while the afternoon session will last 2 to 5pm.
The language papers will be conducted on 1 November with the Indian languages paper scheduled for the morning session while the English paper is scheduled for the afternoon session.
Candidates can opt for any language option from the 22 languages listed in the eighth schedule of the Constitution.
No paper is scheduled for 2 November.
The two optional papers are scheduled to be held on 3 November.
The preliminary examination was conducted in June and the results were published in July. Those who qualified the prelimiary exam are now eligible to appear for the main examination.
Candidates must fill the detailed application form (DAF) for the main examination which is likely to appear on the UPSC website on 17 August.
Meanwhile, candidates are advised to read the guidelines for filling DAF available on the UPSC website as no changes can be made after the final submission.
- How to crack GMAT? Coffee may help you, claims study
- CFA Institute adds cryptocurrencies, blockchain to its curriculum
- CBSE mulls challenging HC order on providing grace marks in NEET
- Jio Institute may lose top billing if it fails to perform: Govt
- IISc, 2 IITs among 6 in govt’s ‘institutes of eminence’ list
Editor's Picks »
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself
- UltraTech Cement: No respite from cost pressures
- Mindtree sees strong revenues but client concentration remains high
- Bandhan Bank’s share defies gravity as growth story is intact
- Fund managers slashing allocations to equities in emerging markets, shows BAML survey