SSC CGL 2017 tier 1 exam dates postponed, says notification on ssc.nic.in
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) postponed the exam date of the CGL Exam2017 from 1 August to 5 August, says notification on ssc.nic.in
New Delhi: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on Wednesday postponed the date of the Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE) tier 1 from 1 August to 5 August.
In a notification on its website, ssc.nic.in, SSC said, “In partial modification to the earlier announced date(s) of the said examination from 1st August, 2017 to 20th August, 2017, the Commission would now be conducting the Combined Graduate Level Examination, 2017 from 5th August, 2017 to 24th August, 2017.”
The notification adds: “There will be no exam on 7th, 13th , 14th and 15th August, 2017.”
Aspirants can get non-gazetted Group B and Group C posts in various ministries/departments/organisations in the government after clearing the CGL exam.
The examination will comprise of a computer based examination for tier-I and tier-II, written descriptive examination for tier-III and CPT/DEST/Document verification for Tier-IV.
The closing date for submitting the exam form was 16 June.
“Subject to administrative/public exigencies, final selection through the Combined Graduate Level Examination to specific categories of posts would be according to the confirmed number of vacancies from the concerned Indenting Ministries/Department/Office/Cadres before declaration of results,” reads the CGLE notification issued by SSC earlier in May.
Other exams conducted by SSC include the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL), Junior Engineer (JE) and others.
- Govt liberalizes CBSE affiliation norms, says reforms will bring in more transparency
- Govt moots quarterly performance appraisal of top educational institutions
- Going to study in the UK? Pay more for visa from December
- Peerless Skill Academy Kolkata to offer healthcare and hospitality courses
- Govt asks colleges, universities to refund fees in case of withdrawal of admission
Latest News »
Editor's Picks »
- Cube Wealth raises ₹14 crore in Series A funding
- Morgan Stanley arm in talks to invest $55 million in KSH Group’s warehouse assets
- Goldman Sachs changing Asia investment banking leadership
- Investors sitting on $40 billion capital reserves for India
- Opinion | Beware the dark side of Artificial Intelligence
- UltraTech’s dismal Q2 results darken outlook on cement sector
- NBFC liquidity crisis set to worsen real estate sector woes
- RBI pause on interest rate hike may last only till December
- Policy rethink and higher volumes to aid container shippers
- DCB Bank delivers a strong Q2 but pressure on margins foreseen