SSC CGL 2017 tier 1 exam dates postponed, says notification on ssc.nic.in
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) postponed the exam date of the CGL Exam2017 from 1 August to 5 August, says notification on ssc.nic.in
New Delhi: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on Wednesday postponed the date of the Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE) tier 1 from 1 August to 5 August.
In a notification on its website, ssc.nic.in, SSC said, “In partial modification to the earlier announced date(s) of the said examination from 1st August, 2017 to 20th August, 2017, the Commission would now be conducting the Combined Graduate Level Examination, 2017 from 5th August, 2017 to 24th August, 2017.”
The notification adds: “There will be no exam on 7th, 13th , 14th and 15th August, 2017.”
Aspirants can get non-gazetted Group B and Group C posts in various ministries/departments/organisations in the government after clearing the CGL exam.
The examination will comprise of a computer based examination for tier-I and tier-II, written descriptive examination for tier-III and CPT/DEST/Document verification for Tier-IV.
The closing date for submitting the exam form was 16 June.
“Subject to administrative/public exigencies, final selection through the Combined Graduate Level Examination to specific categories of posts would be according to the confirmed number of vacancies from the concerned Indenting Ministries/Department/Office/Cadres before declaration of results,” reads the CGLE notification issued by SSC earlier in May.
Other exams conducted by SSC include the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL), Junior Engineer (JE) and others.
- IIM Ahmedabad to conduct management training programmes for CAs
- Azim Premji University, Shiv Nadar University, BHU and 15 others recommended for IoE status
- Coursera launches global MBA for APAC learners
- UPSC starts facility of withdrawal of application for CDS exam
- Like IITs, ISB sees huge jump in job offers
Latest News »
Editor's Picks »
- Renault board keeps Carlos Ghosn as CEO, finds pay package legal
- IPL 2019 auctions | Players with highest base price: 5 takeaways
- PM Modi reviews steps taken to improve ease of doing business
- Man sets himself on fire near Sabarimala protest site in Kerala, dies
- US sanctions: Iran falls to 6th biggest oil supplier to India in November
- Continuing volume momentum puts Indian ports in a good position
- Why did BJP lose Assembly Elections 2018? Retail inflation has answers
- Rural focus drives Hero MotoCorp, but inherent risks linger
- ‘Talk to me’, says RBI governor Shaktikanta Das in relief to markets
- Escorts: Japanese joint venture to hone growth in tractors