CBSE launches ‘Exam Locator’ app to help students to find exam centre
- JD (S) releases 3D game to shed anti-urban image
- Steve Smith admit ball tampering in 3rd test against South Africa
- Students march across US demanding stricter gun laws after mass shootings
- IIM-Ahmedabad raises PG management program fee to Rs22 lakh
- RLD, Nishad Party expel MLAs for cross-voting in Rajya Sabha elections in UP
New Delhi: With the board exams just around the corner, the CBSE has come up with a mobile application to help students locate their examination centre.
The app, named ‘Exam Locator’, will help students to quickly know the exam centre on the basis of their roll number.
“A student can easily find the address, images and geolocation of the designated exam centre on the map and get to know how to reach there,” a senior official of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) said.
“A student or a parent will have to register using mobile number to receive an one time password (OTP) which will help the user log in to the mobile application. The user can then access information by selecting the option class X or XII and entering the roll number,” she added.
The student’s information, address and photograph of the exam centre will be displayed on the screen for easy identification. The route map can also be accessed via the application.
CBSE exams for Class X and XII will begin on 9 March. While Class X exams will end on 10 April, Class XII examination will continue till 29 April.