Top B-schools in India 2017-18
IIM Ahmedabad with an overall score of 931 out of 1000 tops the table in the Mint-MBA Universe B-school rankings 2017-18, followed by IIM Calcutta and XLRI Jamshedpur
- How to crack GMAT? Coffee may help you, claims study
- CFA Institute adds cryptocurrencies, blockchain to its curriculum
- CBSE mulls challenging HC order on providing grace marks in NEET
- Jio Institute may lose top billing if it fails to perform: Govt
- IISc, 2 IITs among 6 in govt’s ‘institutes of eminence’ list
There is growing competition between top government-run B-schools and their private peers. While Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM-A) with an overall score of 931 out of 1000 tops the table in the Mint-MBA Universe B-school rankings 2017, there are some nine private schools among the top 20 management schools in the country. IIM Calcutta and XLRI Jamshedpur, with 856 and 779 points, respectively, were ranked second and third among top B-schools in India.
The survey, which does not give any weight to perception while ranking schools, finds that top schools in India are flocking for global accreditation to better their brand image. It also finds top B-schools unlike leading engineering schools are admitting more women of late. But the desire to admit more non-engineers to management courses is not yet a reality.
The survey also shows how a subdued economy over the past few years is impacting salary growth of management graduates.
Editor's Picks »
- Fund managers slashing allocations to equities in emerging markets, shows BAML survey
- ICICI Lombard tightens grip on profitability in a lean growth quarter
- TCNS Clothing IPO: Valuations capture the upsides adequately
- Nightmare of Indian Accounting Standard 115 comes to haunt firms in the real estate sector
- What is driving the optimism in stocks of paint companies?