CBSE UGC NET November 2017 application process begins today
CBSE’s online application process for the National Eligibility Test (NET) which is scheduled for 5 November begins today at cbsenet.nic.in.
New Delhi: Application process for the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) starts today.
Candidates can fill the online application form till 11 September though payment through an online challan can be made till 12 September.
The NET is conducted for determining eligibility for junior research fellowship and assistant professorship.
Those who have secured at least 55% marks in a Master’s programme or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by University Grants Commission are eligible to take the test.
This year CBSE has decided to use Aadhaar as a means of authentication for applicants at the time of application submission except for those appearing in test centres located in Jammu and Kashmir, Assam and Meghalaya.
Candidates in these states must provide details of any other valid government identity document only if they choose a centre in these states.
Here is a step-by-step guide to apply for the CBSE NET 2017 at cbsenet.nic.in:
■ Visit cbsenet.nic.in and click on ‘Fill application form- NET November 2017’.
■ Enter authentication details using Aadhaar number.
■ Generate a password as well as a security question and make a note of the application number for future login/reference.
■ Upload scanned photo & signature.
■ Make the fee payment.
■ Download or print the confirmation page.
Corrections in the form particulars can be made from 19 to 25 September.
The admit card will be uploaded in the third week of October while the test is scheduled for 5 November. This is the second time NET will be conducted this year after January.
- Uttarakhand Class 12, Class 10 results 2018 declared, check results at uaresults.nic.in
- India is the great linguistic bazaar of the world: Sheldon Pollock
- CBSE Class 12 result 2018: Girls outshine boys, Meghana Srivastava tops with 499 marks
- CBSE Class 12 result 2018 to be declared today, Google to also host results
- GBSHSE Class 10 result 2018: Goa board declares marks, over 91% students pass
Editor's Picks »
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars