IIT fees for foreign students set at Rs6 lakh per annum
To attract more international talent, the IITs for the first time are planning to hold their entrance tests in Singapore, UAE, Ethiopia and SAARC nations next year
- To fill up reserved seats, govt prods IITs to lower cut-off mark for admission
- The returns from education in India’s job market
- PhD mandatory for recruitment of university teachers from 2021-22: Prakash Javadekar
- JAC 10th result 2018: Check jac.nic.in, jharresults.nic.in for Jharkhand matric results today
- RBSE 10th result 2018 declared at rajresults.nic.in, 79.86% students pass, 80% girls pass
New Delhi: Foreign students who are selected to the coveted Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) through JEE (Advanced) or GATE exams will have to pay an annual fee of Rs6 lakh per year.
According to officials in the HRD ministry, the issue was discussed in a meeting of the IIT council and as per the decision taken the annual tuition fee has been fixed at Rs6 lakh per annum while suitable scholarships may be provided in certain basis.
In a bid to attract more international talent, the IITs for the first time are planning to hold their entrance tests in Singapore, UAE, Ethiopia and SAARC nations, except Pakistan next year to select foreign students for undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Fees for Indian students at the IITs were earlier this year increased from Rs90,000 to Rs2 lakh. However, there is a total fee waiver for the differently abled and students belonging to the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes and weaker sections.
Editor's Picks »
- Piyush Goyal says govt will look into RBI demand for more powers over state-run lenders
- Public sector banks to focus on credit needs of good borrowers: FM
- SBI’s Rajnish Kumar says banks agree fragmentation in the industry is not good
- IIFL arm looks to raise Rs746 crore from institutional investors
- Markets slip as trade war fears escalate