Nitish Kumar govt in Bihar reduces competitive exams fee for women candidates
Nitish Kumar government in Bihar has deuced the fee of competitive exams from Rs600 to Rs150 for preliminary test and from Rs750 to Rs200 for the mains
Patna: The Bihar cabinet has reduced the fee for various competitive examinations for women candidates of all categories of the state.
The decision was taken at a cabinet meeting chaired by chief minister Nitish Kumar on Friday, cabinet secretariat department’s principal secretary Arun Kumar Singh told reporters.
The fee reduction would be applicable to the examinations conducted by Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) and Bihar Staff Selection Commission (BSSC), he said.
The examination fee has been reduced from Rs600 to Rs150 for preliminary test and from Rs750 to Rs200 for mains examination.
The cabinet also gave its nod for creation of posts for reconstitution and restructuring of the Bihar Administrative Service (BAS) cadre, Singh adding that the number of various posts of BAS had gone upto 1,634 from current 1150.
The decision would increase the number of posts such as deputy collector, senior deputy collector, under secretary, deputy secretary, joint secretary and special secretary, he added.
It also gave its nod to Road Construction Department’s proposal to construct four state highways at a cost of Rs1,482 crore, Singh said and adding four SHs are - Kadiraganj-Khaira (SH-82), Akbarnagar-Amarpur (SH-85), Udakishanganj-Bhatgama (SH-58) and Bihiya-Jagdishpur Bihta (SH-102).
In an another decision, the cabinet enhanced the corpus of Bihar Contingency Fund (BCF) from Rs350 crore to Rs7,079.61 crore till 30 March 2019 for carrying out relief work in the event of natural calamities, the principal secretary said.
The cabinet also gave its nod to certain amendments to ‘Affordable Housing and Slum Rehabilitation and Redevelopment Policy 2017’ for lower income group, he added.
- CBSE mulls challenging HC order on providing grace marks in NEET
- Jio Institute may lose top billing if it fails to perform: Govt
- IISc, 2 IITs among 6 in govt’s ‘institutes of eminence’ list
- National Testing Agency to conduct NET, NEET, JEE (Mains) exams: Prakash Javadekar
- Govt looks to turn some educational infra aid into loans
Editor's Picks »
- Amazon Prime Day sale: List of best discounts on smartphones, earphones, TV
- Thai cave rescue: Elon Musk’s ‘pedo’ tweet may draw legal action from British caver Vernon Unsworth
- Donald Trump blames ‘US foolishness and stupidity’ for poor Russia ties
- Oil prices fall as Saudis offer more supply, US weighs SPR release
- Selloff in India bond market nearing end, predicts market veteran