NEET PG Diploma course exam to be conducted by NBE
NBE will conduct a single eligibility cum entrance examination for admission to PG medical courses’ for the academic session 2017 and include all India 50% quota seats for MD, MS, PG Diploma courses
- To fill up reserved seats, govt prods IITs to lower cut-off mark for admission
- The returns from education in India’s job market
- PhD mandatory for recruitment of university teachers from 2021-22: Prakash Javadekar
- JAC 10th result 2018: Check jac.nic.in, jharresults.nic.in for Jharkhand matric results today
- RBSE 10th result 2018 declared at rajresults.nic.in, 79.86% students pass, 80% girls pass
New Delhi: The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for Post-Graduate Diploma courses will be conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) from 5-13 December across 41 cities. At the same time, the NEET for entrance for MDS courses (dental) will take place from 30 November to 3 December this year across same number of cities.
“The examination will be held in 86 test centres at 41 cities from 5-13 December 2016. The examination will be held as a computer based test and will comprise of 300 multiple choice questions from the MBBS curriculum followed at medical colleges in India... “...duly prescribed as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulation notified by Medical Council of India (MCI) with prior approval of the health ministry,” an official statement said while giving details about the NEET PG diploma courses examination.
The statement said that it will be a single eligibility cum entrance examination for admission to PG medical courses’ for the academic session 2017 and include all India 50% quota seats for MD, MS and PG Diploma courses for all states except Andhra Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Telangana.
It will also include state quota seats for MD, MS and PG diploma courses for all states and UTs including Andhra Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Telangana. Similarly, the examinations for NEET MDS courses (Dental) will be held in 86 test centres at 41 cities and it will also be a computer based test which will comprise of 240 multiple choice questions.
“NEET-MDS is a single window entrance examination for entry to dental post graduate courses. No other examination either at state level or institutional level entrance examination conducted by dental colleges or institutions shall be valid as per the Dentists Act, 1948 with effect from 2017 admission session,” the official statement said.
The website for NEET-MDS and NEET-PG will be available from 24 September and online registration will start from 26 September to 31 October.
“AIIMS, PGIMER, Chandigarh, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) and SRICHITRA Institute are not covered by NEET PG.
“The AIIMS, New Delhi Dental institution is not covered by centralised admissions for MDS seats through NEET-MDS for 2017 session,” the statement added.
Editor's Picks »
- Why Indian paint makers are shifting to water-based paints
- 2019 elections still some time away but defence stocks get the jitters
- Complan and Horlicks sale signals low energy in health drinks market
- With fall of the last dove, MPC minutes portend more than one RBI rate hike
- RITES IPO ticks the valuations box, but not the growth one