CBSE to announce Class 10 Maths, Class 12 Economics re-examination dates within a week
Dates for the re-examination of Class 10 Maths and Class 12 Economics papers would be posted on the CBSE website within a week
New Delhi: In the wake of reports claiming paper leaks, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Wednesday announced re-examination in the Class 10 Maths and Class 12 Economics papers.
The CBSE issued a circular on Wednesday informing about the re-examination and said dates and other details for it would be posted on the board’s website.
“The board has taken cognisance of certain happenings in the conduct of certain examinations as are being reported. With a view to uphold the sanctity of the board examinations and in the interest of fairness to the students, the board has decided to re-conduct the examinations for the following subjects,” it said.
Dates for the re-examination of the Class 10 Maths and Class 12 Economics papers would be posted on the CBSE website within a week, the circular said.
Panic had gripped Class 12 CBSE students on Monday after claims were made on social media sites that the economics paper had been leaked. The CBSE had denied the claims, saying “We have checked with all examination centres and the paper was not leaked.”
“The source of the circulation of this information is not known yet,” the board had said.
On 15 March, the Delhi government had said it had received complaints of the Class 12 CBSE accountancy paper being leaked. The government had ordered a probe, even as the board denied any leak. “There has been no leakage of the question paper. All the seals have been found intact at all exam centres. However, at the local level, some miscreants may have circulated messages through WhatsApp and other social media platforms to hurt the sanctity of the exam,” the board had then said.
- CBSE mulls challenging HC order on providing grace marks in NEET
- Jio Institute may lose top billing if it fails to perform: Govt
- IISc, 2 IITs among 6 in govt’s ‘institutes of eminence’ list
- National Testing Agency to conduct NET, NEET, JEE (Mains) exams: Prakash Javadekar
- Govt looks to turn some educational infra aid into loans
Editor's Picks »
- Modi says govt programmes are redefining India’s future with a strong focus on youth
- India, Iran review bilateral ties, to strengthen connectivity through Chabahar port
- Jaiprakash Associates lists proposals before SC to settle disputes
- Affle files draft papers for ₹650 crore initial share sale
- Essar Steel bidding: NCLAT may give Arcelor, Numetal more time