NBE removes executive director Bipin Batra over unapproved appointment
National Board of Examinations (NBE) removes Bipin Batra from the post of executive director stating that his appointment had not been approved by the central government
New Delhi: National Board of Examinations (NBE), the apex examinations body for postgraduate medical education in the country, on Wednesday removed Bipin Batra from the post of executive director stating that his appointment had not been approved by the central government.
The governing body of NBE in its meeting decided to appoint Rashmi Kant Dave as honorary executive director with immediate effect.
“The board decided to remove Dr Batra after the Union ministry of health and family welfare raised the issue of his illegal appointment. Even if the board decides to appoint someone as executive director, the central government has to approve it. Dr Batra joined NBE as a member in July 2016 but was unable to furnish his appointment documents from the health ministry for the past one year,” Dr Dave told Mint.
Latest News »
Editor's Picks »
- Asian markets extend rally investors shrug off US-China trade tensions
- Corporate casualties of a weakening rupee and surging crude oil prices
- The games are on at pay-and-play centres
- Opinion | A constructive challenger finds solutions with the right dose of criticism and encouragement
- Identify and tell your most powerful stories