NEET, JEE may be conducted twice a year
New Delhi: The national medical entrance exam, National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) and engineering entrance exam, Joint Entrance Examination (JEE), might be conducted twice a year to give an opportunity to the students to bring out their best performance, the Lok Sabha was informed on Monday.
Union minister of state for human resource development (HRD) Upendra Kushwaha said, in response to a written question in the lower house of parliament, the centre was setting up a National Testing Agency (NTA), an autonomous and self- sustained premier testing organisation, to conduct the entrance exams for the higher educational institutions.
“The NTA will initially conduct those entrance exams which are held by the CBSE. The exams will be conducted online at least twice a year, thereby giving an adequate opportunity to the candidates to bring out their best,” Kushwaha said. Both NEET for admission to medical colleges and JEE for admission to engineering colleges are currently conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
The CBSE has conveyed its inhibitions to the HRD ministry about conducting the exams in future, saying they are overburdened with the massive exercise.
- Haryana Board Results 2018: HBSE Class 12 results declared, 63.84% students pass, check results here
- DU admission: Over 43,000 applications within 24 hours
- ICSE, ISC Board result 2018: Swayam Das tops Class 10 with 99.4%, Class 12 pass percentage 96.21
- MP Board result 2018: MPBSE Class 12, Class 10 marks out, know about toppers, pass percentage here
- MP Board result 2018: Harshvardhan, Anamika top MPBSE Class 10 exams, 181 students score over 97%